Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Server Rack: Almost a real server rack!

Pictured here is a shelving unit that came "free" with my property, albeit in rather decrepit condition, in my workshop. I knew as soon as I saw it (even before I bid on my property!) what I wanted to do with it...
Well I finally did it!
After about a week of drilling, fitting, frustration and procrastination I finally repaired the shelf and moved four of my servers onto it.
The names of the computers are, from top to bottom and left to right: Dell-Orean, Volatile, The Hive and Quadrajet (the SCSI enclosure is there solely for storage).
And yes, Quadrajet (my genuine IBM server) is the massive monolith beneath the two mid-towers and SCSI enclosure! It really is that big!

Hopefully more updates about lower-tech stuff soon...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! Well done! Loads of great shelf space and very sturdy as well.

Maneesh Kalra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.