Monday, November 1, 2010

Photography: Kodachrome!

kc

You give us those nice bright
colors,
You give us the greens of
summers,
Makes you think all the
world's a sunny day,
Oh yeah!

Oops, sorry about that…  I just got so caught up in
the mystique of this legendary film and the old song
that I couldn’t resist!

In case any of you didn’t know, sadly Kodachrome is
a dead product and is no longer in production. When
I found out about that sad fact I decided that I had
to get a hold of and shoot a single roll of it, as
I will never have another chance in my life!

Well today it arrived, along with a selection of
color correction gels (one of which I used in the
taking of the above photo). I am rather anxious to
load and start shooting this film, as I have a
deadline (as of 12/31/10 it will be IMPOSSIBLE to
get Kodachrome film processed anywhere in the world!)
But first I want to wait for my test roll to be
developed just to make sure my $2 Nikon won’t destroy
this rare film!!!

 

(The above picture is taken from a test of a still-
life I am titling “The Past and Present of Film.”
The Olympus camera on the left is a stand-in for an
older 35mm. Obviously I will be taking the final
picture before I load and shoot my first and last
roll of Kodachrome!)

No comments: