Monday, October 11, 2010

Photography: Art Photo #1

After viewing my American flag against the sunset I knew I wanted to take a picture of it in that setting.  I finally did so today, not only for the pleasure of doing so but to gain experiance in multi-flash photography (albeit with my Kodak pocket camera, I just purchased a high-end Panasonic “bridge” camera, and plan on re-taking this picture with it as a test if nothing else).  And here is the result:

100_1266-2

This picture was taken kneeling before the flag, looking upwards at it with my Sunpak flash set about six feet to the side at 1/16 power at about a 45-degree angle to the right of the camera.  I am very impressed with the way I was able to both highlight the flag while at the same time giving it depth against the sunset-lit clouds. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice shot! I suddenly feel like saluting! ~M