Saturday, October 23, 2010

Photography: Art Photo #2 “The Glowing Tree”

Well I’ve had this photograph in mind for awhile: A tree set against the fading daylight lit from in front and beneath by an artificial light to make the tree appear to “glow.” And here’s the result:

P1010972

(Full resolution image may be viewed here)

This picture is of a Weeping Willow located across the road from me, using my new Lumix on Programmed AE mode with my Sunpak strobe set at full power aimed at the foliage at close range. Of course this picture required me to cross US 24 FOUR times (place my strobe, return, take pictures, retrieve strobe, return), but I think it was worth it…

P1010934

The Sunpak illuminating itself for this picture! I think it was set at about 1/24 power for this shot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh, spooky! Looks like Halloween!